Hakriya

Explore the World of Hakriya.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Authors that have influenced me

Robert E. Howard
Edgar Rice Burroughs
J. R. R. Tolkien
Robert Jordan
Michael Moorcock
Lin Carter
L. Sprague de Camp
H.P. Lovecraft
Roger Zelazny
Terry Brooks
Piers Anthony

Perhaps my most memorable reading moments was in middle school. Starting in the 7th grade with J.R.R. Tolkien, I read all sorts of fantasy books. While some never did appeal to me like
David Eddings or others whom I never read such as Marion Zimmer Bradley, I discovered a fascinating world. Unfortunately, along with my comic book collecting hobby, university life changed me. Oh, the life of a poor college student. And after college, moving to Japan and later Korea did not make book reading an easy hobby to maintain. Maybe some day, when I settle down, I can finally meet all those interesting characters waiting for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home